People from all over the world are moving to Toronto every year, and it’s easy to see why. Not only has Toronto been ranked as the fourth most liveable city in the world, based on factors such as healthcare, education, culture, and environment, it’s also a city of arts, culture and excitement with something for everyone. It’s a great city to live in for many reasons. Read on for our top ten reasons to live in Toronto.
1. It’s one of the most multicultural cities in the world. 50% of the population were born outside of Canada, and residents speak over 140 languages and dialects in total. So if you love learning about new cultures, this is the place to do it.
2. Toronto is heaven for foodies. More than 6,000 restaurants across the city are serving up delicious food from all over the world, cooked by people who are actually from that place. It’s no surprise that Torontonians love to go out to eat several times per week.
3. It’s a great city for dogs, with plenty of parks with off-leash areas for your pooch to run around. Many buildings allow dogs, although there are some rentals with no dog policies and a few green spaces which don’t allow dogs off leashes.
4. Toronto has four seasons in textbook form. Winter is glazed with a beautiful blanket of snow and filled with ice skating rinks and snowboarders. Spring is warmer with films, festivals and shows filling your calendar. The summers are hot and sunny, with plenty of activities including beach trips, festivals and outdoor concerts, while autumn brings the picture-perfect fall colors of changing leaves.
5. Toronto is a major city for global finance and business, making it the perfect place to step onto or move up the career ladder in your dream job. It’s also Canada’s number one start-up hub, so if you’re thinking of starting your own business, it’s a great place to do it.
6. There are plenty of things to do, whatever your interests are. Toronto is full to the brim of shopping centers, museums, galleries, restaurants, parks, and theatres. There’s always something to keep you entertained in the big city.
7. There are over 140 registered neighborhoods, each with a unique personality and tempting attractions, so you can discover one that suits you perfectly.
8. Toronto is ranked as the fourth safest city in the world, based on digital security, health security, infrastructure security, and personal security. Of course, you should still take care, but it’s nice to know you’re safe even in the big city.
9. There are breathtaking secluded islands just minutes away that can be easily accessed via ferry or water taxi. Perfect for when you need to get some space from bustling city life!
10. Toronto is an ideal base to explore plenty of other incredible cities – New York, Washington DC, and Detroit are just a few examples of cities that are only a short flight away! See this page for one of the nicest condos for living in Toronto.